From enhanced health and wellbeing services, to discounted global travel and in-house career development opportunities; global brands are using their financial resources to show what’s possible in the employee benefits arena.
In this article, we look at the benefits being offered by five global companies which feature in Fortune World’s Best Workplaces 2022. Each company employs more than 5,000 people and has achieved a spot on a national best workplaces list in five or more countries.
Get ready to scribble down some notes!
Looking for advice on how to give the best support to your global workforce? Get FREE one-to-one insights from our expert brokers on 01273 974419 or drop us an email at [email protected].
5 global companies and their benefits!
Before we kickstart the list, it’s important to note that many of these organisations offer some form of health and protection insurance, including:
Each policy can be purchased on a nation-by-nation basis or offered via a single international policy covering all locations in one go. Read more about global employee benefits here.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that benefits offered will vary depending on seniority of employees and location.
1. DHL Express
DHL Express was established in 1969 and is now one of the largest air carriers worldwide with a huge global express network. They transport urgent documents and goods door-to-door in more than 220 countries, including Austria, Denmark, Ecuador, Greater China, the UK, India, and the United Arab Emirates.
The company employs 395,000 people.
Some of DHL’s most exciting benefits include:
- Bonus and commission scheme
- Peer-to-peer recognition programme – “Extra Mile”
- Online Health & Wellbeing communities
- Online classes for yoga and meditation
- Certified training opportunities
- Employee of the Year Awards
- Appreciation Week – events, parties, games, competitions and sports
- Team Day Out
“The company always shares internal job postings and offers training in MyTalentWorld. Our supervisors are always open to the idea that we might leave and join another department within DPDHL for our career growth. the company offers bonuses based on KPIs and travel opportunities.”
Office Worker, Gen Z, Global Forwarding, Phillipines
Hilton is a leading global hospitality company established in 1919. Today it comprises 7,000 properties in 122 countries serving more than 3 billion guests across those 100 years of operation. As a hugely well-known and popular hotel and resort service, Hilton operates across the world from Argentina to Sweden and is ranked as one of the best places to work by their staff.
Hilton’s popularity is down to its many fantastic benefits and perks, including:
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Discounts at Hilton hotels and resorts
- Free counselling, manager resources, mental wellness hub
- Holistic Leadership Development framework – resources to help employees reach their full potential and progress within the company
- Thrive Sabbatical & Thrive Reset Programmes – an opportunity to apply for extra paid time off to live a dream, help others or develop skills.
- Care for All Platform – providing resources related to self-care but also help in caring for others
- Gym memberships in 10,000 gyms nationwide
- Flexible working schedules
- DailyPay – providing access to pay when employees need it
Are you a company seeking to achieve the most cost-effective benefit scheme? Get FREE expert advice from our team of brokers and we’ll work in your best interests to find the best package of policies and perks for your business. Email [email protected] or call +44 (0)1273 974419 for FREE no-obligation advice and support.
Cisco was established in 1984 as an American-based multinational digital communication tech corporation. It helps businesses, governments and communities around the world. Cisco now operate in more than 25 territories, including: Australia, Brazil, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Spain, and the US.
Cisco offer a huge array of competitive benefits, workplace perks, and career-based initiatives, including:
- Employee Stock Purchase programme
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible working
- Generous paid time off, holidays, and birthday off
- Connected Recognition – enabling staff can nominate co-workers for monetary awards
- Independent second opinions – medical diagnosis / treatment options
- Paid time to volunteer
- Support with maternity, paternity and adoption
- Time swap – 20% swap with someone else’s job
- Job swap – on a temporary or permanent basis
- Annual bonuses
- Health & Fitness Centres – high-quality healthcare
Established in 1845, Deloitte is a leading provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advice, risk advice, and tax – covering a lot of ground! Their global workforce is spread across more than 15 territories from Canada to Greater China, to Greece and Vietnam.
Deloitte offers a wide range of benefits and initiatives to help bolster the wellbeing of their teams, including:
- Flexible working options
- Regular performance rewards
- Comprehensive parental leave
- Financial wellbeing programme
- 18-week parental leave (in some positions/countries)
- Volunteering opportunities
- Dedicated learning programme
- Discount programme at leading retailers
- Bikes4Work scheme
- Travel Insurance
- WorldImpact – a portfolio of initiatives designed to address some of society’s most pressing issues
Last on the list, we have a global leader in CRM – Salesforce. Salesforce was established in 1999 and now has 3,432 employees working to enable companies of every size and industry to take advantage of the ever-evolving nature of digital technology. Headquartered in San Francisco, Salesforce is connecting customers globally and helping more than 150,000 companies with their innovative software and services.
Salesforce offers many innovative employee benefits and workplace initiatives, including:
- Second opinion medical programme
- Camp B-Well wellbeing resources – including mental and physical health advice and tools.
- Travel coverage programmes
- ESPP financial support programme – providing expert coaching and financial security advice
- Reimbursement of fees for job-related tuition and books – up to €5,000 per calendar year.
- Flexible parental/caregiver leave
- Adoption, fertility and surrogacy benefits
- €100 euros monthly wellness reimbursement
- 1% time: employees are given six paid volunteer days each year as part of Salesforce’s 1/1/1 Model.
- Employee-exclusive webinars/events
“One of the best things about working at Salesforce is the opportunity it provides you to continuously learn and explore different roles. The support and encouragement from my managers has been amazing and my career has gone from strength to strength.”
- Charlotte, corporate marketing senior manager
Feeling inspired? We can help put your ideas into practice
Drawing inspiration from some of the biggest organisations can be a helpful springboard for embarking on, or upgrading, your own employee benefits scheme. However, sourcing cost-effective policies can be a confusing and time-consuming process.
An expert broker like Engage Health Group can help. We take the time to talk you through all your options and gather policy quotes from across the market, tailoring everything to your specific employee and business need. Our services come at no extra cost to your business, meaning you get FREE specialist support.
Contact us at [email protected] or call +44 (0)1273 974419 for FREE no-obligation advice and support.